With national and state program standards as a basis,
Congratulations to our music department groups for their wonderful performances on Friday 5/6/16 at the Dorney Park Music Showcase. Our Guitar ensemble placed 1st and received the highest possible rating, which is a “Superior”. Our CSS received 1st place with a “Superior Rating”, and won awards for best soloists Alyssa Trautman, Best Soloist Genna Goins, best Student Accompanist Brandon Rohn, and won the overall best choir award for best choir of the day. Our Jazz Band received 1st place with a “Superior” rating as well, and won awards for best soloists Dominic Marinelli on Sax, Michael Smith on Bass, and Genna Goins on Trumpet. The Jazz Band also received the “Best Section” award for their Brass Section. Congratulations to all on a job well done!
Nevaeh Wilkerson Josh Scott Natalie Cooney
6th Grade Cardboard Carnival and How to Essay Project -6th grade students, in conjunction with the how-to essay unit, created carnival games out of recycled materials. Students then had to write an essay explaining the materials used, the inspiration and how to play the game!
1. Today is day 1.
2. Homework Club and SHOCK are both cancelled this week.
3. Furry Friends and Forests members will clean-up the courtyard on Tuesday, 5/31. Please dress appropriately.
4. The World Cultures Club meeting scheduled for Tuesday, May 31st, has been changed to Tuesday, June 6th.
5. Any 8th grade chorus members who are interested in auditioning for the HS Chamber Choir should make sure to see Mr. Bacon before leaving today.
6. Ms. DePhilippo and Ms. Sieben’s language arts students are reminded to pick up your cardboard projects and take them home today.
7. The media center will be closed after school on Tuesday, 5/31.
The science department is conducting a survey to gauge student interest in using digtal online textbooks.
Please click the link below to participate.
Teacher of the Year
Mrs. Kate Laskowski
2016 Board of Education
Mr. Garwood Bacon
9:30 AM 5th graders visit CMS
8:45 AM - 2:00 PM 7th & 8th grade Band Day at CHS
2:40 PM - 3:30 PM Faculty mtg
7:00 PM CMS Academic Awards
12:25 PM - 1:55 PM CMS Staff vs Students Battle of the Books