With national and state program standards as a basis,
Mrs. Raleigh’s Civics classes created “Freedom” Quilts with the help of Mrs. Bonnie Higgins, a retired teacher and grandmother of 8th grader, Ryan DeCesare. Students started by identifying a freedom that is important to them. The students then drew illustrations of the freedom on pieces of oak tag and transferred them to fabric using fabric markers. In addition to providing the supplies, Mrs. Higgins generously sewed the fabric squares together to create the quilts. They are currently hanging in room 214 providing a reminder to the students of the importance of protecting freedom as well as of their own creativity.
1. Today is day 6.
2. Students are reminded that cell phones may only be used in BYOT classrooms. Students are not permitted to take pictures or videos with electronic devices when they are in school.
3. 6th grade chorus make-up lessons will be held period 5.
4. 6th grade strings, the Jacqueline du Pre group, will meet period 8/9.
5. 6th grade chimes will meet period 11; 7th & 8th grade chimes, 7/8 or 8/9.
6. If any student is missed sign-ups for cross country, field hockey, or soccer, please see Mr. Liddell in the media center at this time. Please take a pen or pencil with you.
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM Faculty mtg
7:00 PM CMS Home & School mtg
8:20 AM - 11:00 PM 6th Grade Math ERB
8:20 AM 6th Grade Reading ERB
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM Music Showcase Festival
9:00 AM - 1:30 PM 8th grade Civics ...Juror for a Day trip
7:30 PM Bd of Ed mtg.
8:40 AM - 10:00 AM 5th Grade Math ERB @ Rush