It is important to be aware of the safety involved in transporting students to and from schools and for school related functions. Student safety is our primary concern and in return we ask that each student follow rules and regulations of proper behavior on the bus as well as at the bus stop.
Safe procedures to follow:
1. Be on time at the bus stop locations. Students should be at the bus stop five (5) minutes before scheduled pick up.
2. Board the bus in an orderly fashion both at the bus stop and at the school.
3. Remain seated while the bus is moving. Go directly to your seat after entering the bus and remain seated until the bus has stopped at your destination.
4. Respect others property while waiting for the bus at the bus stop and while riding the school bus.
5. Do Not extend arms and other parts of the body out the windows. No objects may ever stick out an open window.
6. Do Not throw objects inside the bus or out the windows.
7. Students are to remain well out of the road while waiting for the bus.
8. Students will board only their assigned busses.
9. Students will board and disembark the bus in an orderly manner. There will be no pushing, shoving, crowding, cutting in line, etc.
10. After boarding, students will sit in their assigned seat and remain seated at all times until disembarking (Students are required to wear their seat belts at all times.)
11. Aisles are to be kept clear at all times. Students with backpacks or other articles should place those articles on their laps or under the seat between their legs.
12. Conversations should take place in normal tones of voice. Yelling or screaming by students may be distracting to the bus driver and/or prevent students from hearing directions from the bus driver. Either may create a dangerous situation.
13. Smoking, either on the bus, while waiting for the bus, or on school property is prohibited.
14. Students who ride the late bus, or are provided transportation by the school to attend a school related event will adhere to these same rules.
15. Any student who damages seats will have to make restitution for the damages done.